Founded in 1962 and a public company since 1983, Raymond James is a diversified financial services holding company with subsidiaries engaged primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to investment banking and asset management. Our stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (RJF).
Through its three broker/dealer subsidiaries, Raymond James Financial has approximately 7,300 financial advisors serving in excess of 3 million client accounts in more than 3,000 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas. In addition, total client assets are approximately $664 billion.
Raymond James has been recognized nationally for its community support and corporate philanthropy. The company has been ranked as one of the best in the country in customer service, as a great place to work and as a national leader in support of the arts.
Who is Raymond James? The name of the company comes from a merging of companies run by Robert A. James and Edward Raymond. Raymond James was incorporated as Robert A. James Investments in 1962. In 1964 Raymond and Associates merged into Robert A. James Investments and the firm of Raymond James & Associates was formed.
Raymond James By the Numbers
- Founded in 1962; public since 1983
- Approximately $790 billion in client assets
- RJF shareholders’ equity of $6.2 billion
- Market capitalization of more than $13 billion
- More than two times required regulatory capital
- 123 quarters of consecutive profitability*
- Over 3,100 locations in the United States, Canada and overseas
- Approximately 7,800 financial advisors
- Top-10 municipal underwriting firm**
- Equity research coverage of nearly 1,300 companies
*Past performance is not indicative of future results. The information provide is for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell Raymond James Financial Stock.
**Source: Bloomberg. Based on overall par amount.
As of: 9/30/2018